Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Frustrated and Hurt

What a week!!! Last week surely was. This week has just been added to that and the waiting is really wearing. I called INS last Wednesday. I just wanted a status report not to be questioned on everything. I dont even remember what I said much. I just remember getting really emotional and being told not to contact them they will me. It could be a week or a month.
We have been working so hard to get to the point where we could provide stability along with love for a child and now to have everything we have done questioned. Every where I turn, "dont you work?" No. "Why not" I want to be a stay at home mom and we decided to go ahead and make the adjustment so that would be one less transition to make when a baby came home. You tell that to some people and they look at me like I must be out of work cause I can't work. I'm too fat. I can do anything anyone else can. What does it matter that I have started the long process of losing weight. They cant tell it so they judge me. Can you believe I was even told during this process I shouldnt be given the chance to be a parent by someone I thought a friend. That fat people are too lazy. Doctors tell me the same thing. Your to fat to have a baby. I am in better health than people smaller than me and they can have kids and be told it is fine go ahead I'll even help you.
I have heard all this and still we work, pray, and strive to be approved. I meet a social worker who approves us for the home study and now, this, INS has a problem with everything.
OK, I am finished venting about the wait. I am ok. Stress released and now the wait begins with a deep breath and praying and begging God for the approval from INS to come. We will appeal if not, but prayers will be answered one way or another. For those of you reading this,please pray.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Carolyn,
I saw your post on Guatadopt... I am also adopting from St. Louis, I live in south county. Where do you live. I almost hate to tell you that I received my I-171 very quickly, but I did. I am significanly overweight, too so please don't think that that is the reason for your delay. You just got into the hands of some stupid gov't worker. I wanted to cry when I read your post on your blog because I could hear your pain and it made me sad and mad at society for all of its stupid stereotypes!! I would recommend that you contact your congressman's office and see if they can light a fire under someone.... that is what we pay them for. And please, please, don't lose hope. And for goodness sake, stay away from those "friends" that say mean and ingnorant and hurtful things to you. Once you have your referral, everything will seem better... of course, the waiting to actually get to hold your baby is really hard... that is where I am now. Hang in there. I just wanted to send you a message of encouragement.

Julie

Laurie said...

Carolyn - Hang in there. The Lord will orchestrate this all in His time. That perfect baby must not be born yet!