Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Delay #1 to DNA Authorization

Yesterday was not a good day. My cousin died. It got better though when we got our updated medical and pictures. Our son is now 15lbs 12ox and 27.6 inches long. He was so sad in his pictures, though. He got his second set of shots, too, so I figure that is probably why. Well, our group had some bad news also with a kick out from PGN for a stupid reason and that really set my sister off. Let's just say she really said some unkind things and really just upset me. It taught me once again she is not one you can really talk to. Even though, her daughter came home from Guatemala also she did not have to go through the wait for FC or DNA Authorization and testing or Pre-Approval or even a long stint in PGN due to a quick sign out for special reasons. This had already been done for another couple that decided at the end they didnt want her and it was all transferred to their information and two months after referral came home. She will never understand the long wait and delays that are normal for this process. Her child does have medical issues that can be corrected here and will but I do have an ethical, upstanding agency that puts the children and laws of the land first and I can trust them all. Then, Today. I had decided to stay and attend the funeral tomorrow, but tonight at dinner Carol called. Oh the joy as I saw her name pop up on caller ID. She had said earlier that DNA authorization would be coming soon and to expect the call for payment and well as the title goes it wasnt to be. The Birthmother's Birth Certificate has to be replaced and being born in Honduras it will take about two to three weeks to obtain cause the person supposed to be doing this didn't do it and now our attorney has to send someone. The pain of delay. I just want to bring him home and every time there is a delay it is that much longer away. Beverly's attitude and of all people she should have known, mom and dad dont even consider this child their grandchild anything but that a child right now and it is just ok dont think about it. Matt is the only support I have right now other than my message board group and friend online that is going through this, too. I dont care, I can't be there for support when I have none to give, NO one can be here to give me support except Matt who understands and I am going home with him tomorrow. I can't stay I am not that strong. I am not strong enough to handle it all. I gotta have time for all this to sink in.
Every step of the way is another delay. First with INS and now DNA authorization. I know God is going to work it out but right, now. I am doing good to hold everything together. Our rollercoaster keeps breaking in really tight spots and it takes quite awhile to get it fixed so the ride can continue. At least we are in the valley instead of hanging upside down somewhere.

No comments: