Sunday, July 8, 2007

Our First Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got one hour sleep and picked Matt up at work. We were the first in line to check our baggage in at the Continental Counter, second in line to put checked luggage at luggage drop and second in line for the security line. Then our flight was delayed due to maintenance but no worry we still made it to Houston in time to walk through a very confusing airport. This part of our flight was normal. We slept from Houston to Guatemala City until time to eat bfast and do customs and immigration forms. Once we got to Guatemala City everything changed. We made it through Immigration. It wasnt bad we waited in line to walk to a counter and they took our immigration form, scanned our passport and stamped it. We then collected bags and a porter took it. As we went outside it was overwhelming the crowds of people as we got outside. Then instead of getting on the shuttle some guy took the bags put them in his van and wouldnt give them back or take no for an answer so ended up paying $20 for what should have been a free ride. We walked into a really fancy place. Checked into our room and went upstairs to rest. We got in the room and had to call down for a crib. We were about to lay down and the phone rang. I thought it was Carol cause she realized we were there, but it wasnt. It was the front desk saying our baby was there. I put my shoes on and didnt even think to brush my hair. Went down and as we stepped off of the elevator I saw him. Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!! He looked just like his pictures, perfect. I got to hold him and he was a little cranky just waken up and we with the family and interpreter went to our room. I forgot everything but my baby. The foster mom gave me the night schedule, how to fix the bottle, about the gas drops and med in case ran a fever or something. Carol called and she came up and got some video and I dont remember much. Matt took the foster mom to the family room to heat up a bottle and the interpreter and dad stayed with me and Clay. I got to playing with him and he started smiling and everything seemed to just fall in place. After the family left we went down to the pool and Carol ordered lunch and we met Barb and Jade, Maria and her family and Barb's sister. After that we went to our room and started spending time with our son. I guess the scariest thing that night was that he got gas and I went to give him his gas drops and too much came out. Scared me to death. He was ok though got rid of the gas and he was back to being a very happy, content baby. And thus started our time together.

No comments: