Thursday, August 9, 2007

REALLY Good Day

Our day started out pretty normal for when Matt is at work. I usually stay up till his lunch break at 2am and then go to bed till he gets home sometime between 8:45 and 9:00 am. He stays up for awhile to unwind and when he goes to bed I lay down with him for a couple hours. It is a good way to spend time with him that I wouldn't otherwise get and know once our son comes home will change, so I am relishing these last few months and enjoying him as I know things are going to change.

At 11:11 this morning, the phone rang and it was Carol. We had DNA Authorization and needed payment information. WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!! I was so excited I woke Matt up trying to get the info for her. I asked when the DNA Test was to be taken and guess what?? It is tomorrow. Tomorrow we will have DNA. Then waiting till results are to us and to the US Embassy in Guatemala for countdown to Pre-Approval to begin. A great day that no one will forget. Today, would have been my Grandma Holden's b'day today and now also the day we got DNA Authorization for our son. Well, we have been on cloud nine all day, no doubt!!!!!!

While we have been on cloud nine my sister was at the hospital or Dr with Emma her 10 month old child having a CT Scan run and possibly planning surgery to correct the craniostynosis. Please be praying for this really sweet, precious, baby and my sister and her family.

Then on top of that to learn that my youngest nephew had to have two staples in his head last night. He got out of his bath, slipped, fell and busted his head open on the bath tub. He was a very brave from what I have heard. Monday or Tuesday he should get the staples out and on Monday he starts preschool. He is growing up so fast. Well I am going to post both pics and please be praying for both these special little ones.

2 comments:

veggiemom said...

Congrats on DNA auth! That's such a huge step. Can't wait to see your "it's a match" post. :)

Kerri and Ruby

Kim, Steve and Zack said...

That is such wonderful news!!!!! CONGRATS!!!! i know this journey has been long for both of you to get this far, and we are hoping for things to really pick up for you after the PA phase!!!!! can't wait to hear IT'S A MATCH!!!!!!!