Sunday, April 27, 2008

Another quick update!


Mommy and Clay, I was REALLY glad he was doing so well

Clay right after waking up


Clay working on second cup of juice

Things are going really good here. Clay had surgery on Monday the 21st and he did great. He slept all day Monday except for a little while at the hospital and then for 2.5 hours that evening. I was a very stressed mama. Mom and Dad met us here at our apartment and followed us to the hospital. We had to take Clay's Mr Monkey as he sleeps with it all the time. BY the way, it is still a tiny bit taller than he is but not by much. We got there early leaving in plenty of time in case of an accident on the way or anything in way of construction on 270. Since we arrived earlier we were allowed to have everything done earlier cause the child before us was canceled. I did well holding up while waiting and didnt really cry at all. I did a little after them taking my baby back to surgery. That was scary. He hasnt been home that long at and we are all just getting really adjusted to everything and here they were taking him away again!! I was so relieved when we got back from getting something to eat and the doctor walked in about 5 minutes later saying everything was fine and he was in recovery. At ten they brought him back and he was so little in that bed and the IV running out of his hand. He got a little fussy and I picked him up and as soon as I did he fell asleep on my shoulder and slept till they said to wake him and see if would take fluids etc. He was one thirsty little boy. He drank two sippy cups of apple juice!! Thank you all for praying for us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I broke down that night. I mean really broke down. For the first time since this whole thing started, I was crying for nothing and just a mess. I knew everything was ok. I knew he was ok and even though Matt was getting really sick and I was just then getting better it was really nothing to cry over. I was talking to Kim and well I am glad I needed someone to talk to. The only thing I could think of to explain it all is just needing to cry to let it all out. The whole process to get him home. The stress of having to let him go if even for a small length of time and finally in relief that he was really, really home and he was ok.





NOW let me do some real updating here: Mary is out of Family Court and in PGN, YIPPEEE!!!!! Praise God for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jenny, Alex, and Annette are all back home and with their babies. Sonia is still in PGN and for all of you that only keep up with my blog PGN is on a hold again from what I am hearing. It is still all politics and (I am confused as I havent kept up with that as much since we have been home and having to learn, adjust to a new life and enjoy each other and getting well) something to do with CA which I thought was just to register with so that cases in process could continue under old law. Well, those of you that understand if want please post the actuality of what is going on in the comments so that readers here can understand and pray for you all as another bump in the road is occuring. We havent heard from Cory so I am guessing she is still in PGN waiting also. Kim is going to visit Zack over Mothers Day and please be praying they find all is well with him!! Clay since the surgery is doing more than ever. He has started taking steps un assisted between the coffee table and couch and short distances when Matt or I was in the floor playing with him, but today he began in earnest walking between us and ended up walking the entire width of the living room to us with only turning around and going back. It is not going to be long now till he is totally walking. He is no longer afraid to sit down from a standing position, before he would do so only if holding onto something. The dr says it probably has to do with he had no depth perception before and now he does. We went and got his new glasses Friday. They are so much lighter, the lens are thinner, and there are no nose pieces as they used what they called a saddle for the nose piece and he is wearing them all the time and today Matt caught him trying to take them off twice but that was it and he didnt do it again.





Matt went to the doctor on Wed and was told to stay home from work to let the antibiotics take effect as she couldnt tell if it was severe case of bronchitis or pneumonia. He is off for a few days beginning today and not have to go back to work till Wed. Please be praying as he is sick and pushing himself hard. He returned to work on Friday night even though still major tired and not feeling good at all. He is feeling somewhat better today. Please pray they give him his sick time this time!!!!





Tomorrow is our 4th Anniversary and as of now we dont know how we are going to spend it. As I am feeling better and Matt is beginning to feel better I am going to update with Pictures soon. I have to download the new ones from my video camera and will post. I have to find my manual and charger in order to do so but I will soon. I know that you want pictures. I will post the few I have from the hospital after surgery. They arent that great but will work until I can upload the others and I will also try to upload the video of him right after bringing him home!! Thank you for reading my post and I will be posting pictures soon. Thank you for your prayers they are greatly needed!!!!

4 comments:

Cheri said...

Glad to hear that everything went so well for Clay. He is such a cutie!! I hope Matt gets to feeling better soon.

Cheri

Xadie's Journey said...

So happy to hear that sweet Clay is doing great! OMG I can't believe he is walking. You guys must be sooo proud. Oh, and Happy Anniversary!!!!

Laurie said...

I am so glad to hear all is better at your house! I am thankful Clay came thru the surgery with flying colors. Sounds like you had better rest up because he is going to take off running soon and isn't going to stop! Can't wait to see more pictures of that cutie pie!

Kristi said...

I am so Glad everything is going well for Clay.. And yes ma'am you broke down, thats what makes you a mom.. Your baby was in the hospital, No matter what reason it is an emotional thing. I am just glad its over for you, and now maybe with Matt starting to get better you can have some peace and quiet for a while with no sickness.. Praying for you everyday,

Hugs and Love
Kristi