Monday, October 15, 2007

Day 1 of Visit Trip #2

Yesterday was great. We got to the airport in plenty of time and met Deb and her whole family. That was really great. Eliana loved the monkey I bought for Clay. We left Charlotte about 30 minutes late and arrived in Guatemala the same. We had a very uneventful trip to the Westin and as Matt entered he got a really big hug and about the time he said that I saw Clay and our Foster Mother. She gave me a big hug to and we tried to talk while Matt checked in. Clay has his two bottom teeth!! Soon after Miriam (interpreter) and Clay's Foster Father came in. It felt good to get here and see familiar faces and wanted. I was wondering when they would be here and to get here before us felt amazing!! We talked for quite awhile before they went home and I am going to be able to get Clay's first haircut. I learned where Clay's birth name came from and told them the meaning of Clay's name to us and how it was special.


Clay loved the monkey from the start and last night I was really glad to have brought it. It even had its own seat on the flight to Guatemala. We had a really rough night as Clay really missed his foster family (parents for right now). I finally got him to sleep around 11 and he slept till this morning. He is doing really well today. I missed him so much and being back with him is GREAT (A Blessing) even if the first night or next few aren't easy. It will be the last time we are able to come before pick up.


They are going to pick Clay up Thurs morning at 9 am.


Here are a few pictures from our time with Clay so far!!!







6 comments:

Anna said...

He is sooo cute!!! And I really think he even looks more like you Carolyn with the glasses. The monkey you carried all the way to Guatemala is precious, not just because its cute but shows how much you love your son! Enjoy your time with him,
talk soon!
Anna

Torismom said...

I am absolutely in love with his glasses, he looks so cute with them! I'm glad your having a great trip.

Xadie's Journey said...

I love seeing him wearing his glasses. I think they are so cute on him. Clay, congrats on two new teeth buddy! Keep this visit trip pics coming:-)

Jaimee said...

Carolyn, I'm glad you guys are with your son! He's soooo adorable in his new glasses. What a lucky little boy to have such wonderful parents. It looks like he likes the monkey. Have a great rest of your trip!

-Jaimee

Joanna said...

Clay is soooo cute! I seriously love his little glasses - he is precious! Enjoy this amazing time with your son - he's just lovely!! :)

Unknown said...

Hi, Carolyn, Matt and Clay.

You are all so precious. Continued blessed moments throughout your visit! And safe home to all.

Mary Anne L. in Mass.