Wednesday, October 24, 2007

More Details to Summary

We will have been gone from Guatemala a week tomorrow and I am trying to be so very patient waiting for PGN to be completed but each day gets harder and harder. Please continue to pray we get out without a kickout.



As you have seen our son is wearing glasses and he is supposed to wear them every day. We did that the best we could. There are quite a few pictures that he is not wearing them but it wasnt long periods. We had a constant struggle keeping them on. We won't know until November if the glases are helping so we shall have to see.



Our son was a hit at dinner each time we went to the restaurant to eat. He enjoyed the attention too.!!! He even got mashed potatoes one night and he loved them. I also let him try Peach cobbler for the first time. He seemed to like it.



The nights were not easy as he was missing his foster mom the first night and after that I dont know why. He wanted me when sleepy and Matt when he wanted to play. Some nights he thought it was time to play when woke up and at times when I was just so exhausted and Matt tried to put him to bed he would get frustrated cause he wasnt playing with him so bedtime was my job every night. I miss that time with him a lot. I miss the feel of him in my arms laying up against me and when I moved or went to put him in the crib the first thing he did was start to scream!! Interesting nights.



Here is the funniest thing that happened: At the time it wasn't funny but now it is.

On this trip I took a halloween costume to dress the baby in for a few minutes. Well I dressed him up the last night and he looked so cute!!!!!! We were there at the same time as another couple on pick up with our agency and so we thought we would just to show Clay off and stuff go trick or treat on their door and since not leaving the floor didnt bother with shoes and just went in our sock feet being sure to grab the camera and the key to our room. We got to their door and no one was there so we went back to our room and slid the card into the door and it wouldnt unlock. After a few tries we figured it out that it wouldnt work any more and one of us had to go get it fixed. There was a few exchanges of no you. See our hotel downstairs is fancy and barefooted. Oh my word. Matt finally went down stairs and Clay and I waited patiently on him to come back up with the fixed key. In a few minutes he did. He had to go back down with his ID. Good thing they went ahead and fixed the key without it or we would have been in trouble. Can you imagine him being down there in sock feet and them saying we cant get key fixed till ID and ID was in room and stuff. Oh, I am so glad it worked out.










Everytime you think of our journey and us please be praying. PGN is a very hard wait and we really want our little one home. We are hoping and Praying for a Christmas miracle. I will post more pictures later. Talk soon. Thank you all for praying and supporting us in this journey.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

You're such a beautiful family.

Love,
Mary Anne L.

Xadie's Journey said...

I love Clay's costume! Boy that story you told was so funny. I wish I had a pic of you guys roaming the halls with no shoes on:-)
E

Joanna said...

Awww, Carolyn...Clay is just so precious and so adorable. Bless his little heart! I love seeing you and your hubby with him. I know you are missing him like crazy. HUGS TO YOU!!